Controlling your home or office TV from your Android device will be a new experience for most of the Android smartphone or tablet users. Yes, you can do this with the help of a TV Remote App for Android and your device. As most of the smartphone and tablet comes with Built-in IR Blaster, so you can easily convert your smartphone as a TV remote. If your device didn’t come with IR Blaster, then you may also do this using Wi-Fi.
So let’s check this list of some best TV Remote Apps for Android and download the perfect app on your device to convert it as a TV controller.
- 1 Best TV Remote Apps for Android
- 2 Easy Universal TV Remote
- 3 Smart TV Remote
- 4 Smart IR Remote
- 5 Twinone TV Remote™
- 6 LG TV Remote
- 7 Peel Smart Remote
- 8 Super TV Remote Control
- 9 AnyMote Universal Remote +WiFi
- 10 SURE Universal Remote
- 11 TV Remote Control by alltvremotes
Best TV Remote Apps for Android
Easy Universal TV Remote
The Easy Universal TV Remote is one of the top rated and most downloaded TV remote app for Android device on Google Play Store. The app comes with various features and easy to use interface. You can easily configure this app and connect to your TV. The app mainly works with those devices which comes with built-in IR Blaster. If your Android device doesn’t have IR Blaster, then you can also use an external IR blaster to use this app.
- Works with Wi-Fi connection to control your Smart TV
- Compatible with most popular TV brands like LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, etc.
- Connect easily with any TV
- All basic buttons included
- To control Smart TVs, don’t need IR Blaster
Smart TV Remote
The Smart TV Remote is another most popular and free TV remote app for Android with over 15 million downloads. You can use this app for free to control your TV. The user-friendly interface and easy to connectivity feature makes this app ideal for beginner level users. The app support almost all popular TV brands and mostly support any model of Samsung TV.
- Control TV using device IR blaster
- Control up to 4 devices at a time
- Set your favorite TV channels for quick navigation
- Built-in widgets and notification feature
- Premium support for free
Smart IR Remote
The Smart IR Remote app designed and developed by AnyMote which is also works as IR remote. There is a free version and a premium version of this app available in the market. Premium version comes with lots of features and support most of the popular Android device and TV Brands. You can also control TV over Wi-Fi using this app.
- Control TV Channel, Volume, and other functions
- Automatically mute or pause TV when your phone rings
- Compatible with Samsung tablets
- Built-in home screen widget
- Works with Smart TVs
Twinone TV Remote™
The Twinone TV Remote is a simple TV remote app that comes with basic TV remote functions to control TV from your Android smartphone or Tablet. The simple and user-friendly interface of this app makes it ideal for any aged users. This app only works with IR-enabled smartphone or tablet.
- Control volume and change channels easily
- Easy to configure and connect with most popular TV brands
- Various simple interface
- All basic remote functions
LG TV Remote
The LG TV Remote is an official LG TV remote app for Android devices to control LG TVs from your smartphone. Like other remote app, this one also comes with user friendly and easy to use interface. You can also control LG Smart TV using same Wi-Fi network connection from your smartphone or tablet.
- Mini TV features for some models for watching TV on your Android device
- Hot key for volume and channel
- Touch pad feature
- Capture TV screen easily
- Built-in channel search option
Peel Smart Remote
If search on the web for some top rated TV Remote Apps for Android with highest user reviews, you will find the Peel Smart Remote in the top list. This is an advanced universal remote controller for Android smartphone and tablets. The app comes with all basic and advance functions of a TV Remote. The simple and user friendly app is easy to configure and can connect your smartphone and TV within a second. You can also use this app to control the DVD Player, TV set-top box, music system or home theater. So all in one in your pocket to control any device of your home or office.
- Support almost all popular Smartphone and Tablet Brand
- Works with device built-in IR blaster
- You can control more than 40 thousand devices
- Support LG, Sony, Samsung, Vizio etc. TV brands
- Create your favorite TV channel list for quick navigation
- No annoying ads in the free version
Super TV Remote Control
The Super TV Remote Control is another cool universal TV remote app for Android that also support almost all popular TV brands. There is power on/off button and mute button available in this app for quick use. Like most other simple Android TV remote, this one also comes with user friendly interface, quick navigation and easy setup features.
- The app support almost 90% of TV models on the market
- Connect to your TV through Wi-Fi or IR Blaster
- Easy setup process for infrared supported TVs
- Support most popular TV brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sharp, etc.
- More than 57 thousand user reviews on Google Play Store
AnyMote Universal Remote +WiFi
I’ve already included the Smart IR Remote in this list of TV remote apps for Android that is developed by AnyMote. And the AnyMote Universal Remote +WiFi is another awesome and best TV remote app that also designed and developed by AnyMote. This is the smart solution for the people who want to control their Smart TV through Wi-Fi. But this app also supports Infrared, so that you can also use this to control some old model TV.
- Perfect universal remote app for TV and other home electronics
- The app works with more than 90 thousand devices
- Best TV remote app for Samsung Galaxy and HTC One series smartphones
- Support Xbox and Xfinity
- Can change remote interface by changing button locations or theme color
- Works with Voice Commands through Google Now
SURE Universal Remote
The SURE Universal Remote comes with the Slogan “Simplifies Your Life” by controlling your TV, Air Conditioner or Home Theater box. This is another top rated TV Remote Apps for Android on the Google Play Store with the highest rating. The app can control your Smart TV over Wi-Fi or old models TV over Infrared.
- You can control Roku media streamers
- Can control any remotely controlled home appliance
- View photos or videos on your Smart TV from your phone
- Mouse and keyboard options available for Smart TV
- More than 97 thousand user review on Google Play
- Support voice commands
TV Remote Control by alltvremotes
The TV Remote Control is my last recommended TV remote app for Android phones and tablets to control any remote controlled device. So you can control all of your home electronic devices including TV, Media Streamer, AC, etc. This is also an ideal remote app for world’s leading TV brand Sony, LG and Samsung.
- Comes with all basic remote button
- Power on/off and mute button available
- Favorite channel list button
- Support almost all popular TV models
Over to You
These are some top and best TV remote apps for Android smartphones and tablets. Now you can convert your Android device into a Remote to control TV and other home appliance. And hope mine recommend list will help you to pick the right TV remote app for your Android phone or tablet.