Now-a-days, video calling is one of the most popular communication ways for both business and personal purpose. With the help of powerful network technology, 3G/4G, and WiFi, people can easily communicate with each other through video calling. At first, people only use their PC for video calling purpose, but now-a-days, they also use their smartphone. As most of the smartphone comes with a front camera, so people can easily use their phone for video calling.
There are several video calling apps available in the Android apps market and most of them are free to use. So, you can easily make a video call with the help of these video calling apps. As several video calling apps comes with several functions and features, so you need to find the perfect one for you which is easy to use and works fine with slow internet connection. In this post, I’m going to share some best and free video calling apps for Android smartphone and tablets.
Best and Free Video Calling Apps for Android
Tango – Free Video Call & Chat
Tango is one of the most popular and free video calling app for Android, which comes with user-friendly interface. You can use this app for free video calling, voice calling and chat with your friends and family. More than 300 million people use Tango for their best service. You can also get social networking feature with this app like send messages, images, cards, events and play games with your friends.
- High-quality voice and video calls
- Simple registration process through your phone number and email address
- Windows apps also help to connect through a PC
- Group chat and conversation
- Connect with new people easily
- Not recommended for business calls
- Some user finds difficulties to sync contacts with the new version
Skype – free IM & video calls
Skype is another most popular video calling apps for most of the popular OS like Android, iOS, Windows etc. Skype now owned by Microsoft and popular video calling app for Windows PC as well as Android Smartphone. You can easily use this app for voice calling, video calling and send messages for business and personal purpose. However, you can also use the Skype premium service to call the mobile phone or landline number.
- Receive and send messages instantly
- High-quality audio and video
- Send video messages
- Screen sharing option
- Group video calling feature
- May Not working well with slow internet connection
- Group video calls need premium subscription
ooVoo Video Call, Text & Voice
ooVoo comes with user-friendly interface and easy to use the feature. You can use this video calling app as an alternative to Skype. You can make a group video call and join up to 12 people for free and also can make a 1-1 call. ooVoo also let send text messages, images, files etc. As this app available for Windows, Mac, Blackberry, iOS and Android, so you can easily connect with your friends and family through the app.
- Free video and voice calls with high quality and clear sound
- Send text messages, images or videos during video call
- Advanced video technology ensures fewer call drops
- Group chat feature
- Award winning social networking app by Tabby in 2013
- Not working fine with 2G network
- Show only 4 faces at a time during group video call
imo free video calls and chat
Imo has recently gotten huge popularity for their simple and easy video and voice calling feature. The app comes with several features for Android phone and tablet users. You can make unlimited voice and video calls for free with this app. The app also supports text messaging feature with various attractive stickers.
- Good audio and video quality
- Group chat with friends and family
- Send photos and videos
- Highly optimized for Android tablets
- Encrypted chats and calls
- Not working fine with slow internet connection or 2G connection
- Not good enough for business users
LINE: Free Calls & Messages
Line is also a popular and free Android video calling app, which helps to communicate with your friends and family through text and voice calls easily. You can enjoy unlimited voice and video calls with better sound quality and HD video quality with Line for free. Use various stickers in chatting to express yourself better.
- Store your messages, images, and videos for easy sharing
- Free voice and video calling from your Android phone or PC
- Social networking features
- Group chat option
- Free and premium exciting stickers
- Some user finds difficulties with the reset password option
- Video quality not good enough in slow internet connection